What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is a peer-recognition award given by bloggers to other super creative, talented, and entertaining bloggers. It is an excellent way of opening yourself to the community and your readers and brings overall positivity to the blogging community. It’s a great feeling to know that other bloggers are loving your blog content!
- Thank the person who nominated you. Add back links to their blog and other socials.
- Answer the 11 questions they posed to you.
- Nominate another 11 new bloggers and give them 11 questions.(you guys see a pattern here?)
- Include these rules in your post and use the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post.
Who Nominated Me?
I’d like to thank @AndSmelly of Smelly Socks and Garden Peas for nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award! I enjoy reading her blog about being a working mom of two boys and all that family life entails. She writes with honesty, humor, and depth. If you haven’t already discovered her corner of the blogosphere, do check it out! I find her posts really relatable and bet you will too.
1. When you get up in the morning, are you alert and ready to go or sluggish and befuddled?
I’m absolutely useless when I wake up. I try to have a cup of coffee in peace before I do anything else. My brain doesn’t fully kick in until somewhere between 10 am and midday. Did you know that current research indicates that there may be 6 chronotypes? I’m a classic Night Owl.
2. What’s your preferred way of getting news and why?
I don’t buy the newspaper regularly but I do prefer seeing the news in print. I usually read online articles because it’s convenient. When I have time, I enjoy a leisurely catch up on the week’s events with weekend additions of the Guardian or Observer.
3. How can we put an end to the idiocy of Brexit? really, how?
I’ve no idea. I find the possibility of a no- deal Brexit and hard border in Ireland appalling. How can the UK government jeopardize the hard-won peace achieved by the Good Friday Agreement? It’s unconscionable.
4. What subject do you wish you worked harder on at school?
I worked hard in all of my subjects at school (except physics- no regrets there). Recently I’ve become more interested in history and wish I had fully understood its relevance when I was younger.
5. Coffee or tea?
Both… I drink a lot of tea throughout the day but would find it difficult without my morning cup of Joe.
6. What’s your favourite cartoon? (now or when you were a kid)
The Simpsons… I’m from Ohio after all.
7. What’s the bravest thing you’ve done?
I left my 10 year marriage despite being a full-time mom of 3 children, without extended family support, in a foreign country. It was extremely difficult, though ultimately the best decision.
8. Out of the books you’ve read this year, which was your favourite and why?
Sing, Unburied, Sing by Jesmyn Ward was the most profound book that I read in 2020. I started reading it before George Floyd’s death. The fictional story was especially poignant as the Black Lives Matter protests raged on in real life. Click here to read my full review.
9. How long have you had your current mobile phone number?
I’ve had the same number since I purchased my first mobile phone.
10. How annoyed are you at having to think of a bunch of questions for other people?
I’d say I’m more anxious than annoyed…
11. Which post have you written that we should all read? (re-using this one because its so good)
It’s best to start towards the beginning by clicking here. Anyone who has survived a near death experience knows that it stays with you forever.
Maria at Cherry Living
Mo at Childhood Wonder
Pene at JustPene
David at Life and Random Thinking
Cassie at A Life on a Dime
Karen at Nothing But Knit
Rachel at The Cricket Pages
Sarah at A Boho Life
Sam at One Day at a Time
Saania at Fun with Philosophy
Questions for My Nominees:
- Why do you blog?
- If you could time travel, what historical period would you like to visit and why?
- What is the biggest life lesson that 2020 has taught you?
- Sweet or savory?
- What is your favorite holiday and why?
- What is the most frustrating aspect of blogging for you?
- What do you do for exercise?
- What’s your favorite hobby besides writing?
- What are your guilty pleasures if you have any?
- What character from a book or film would you like to meet?
- Which post have you written that we should all read? (re-using this one because its so good)