I don’t reblog often, but I had to share this story here because:
- I, too, love VW vans. My dream is to one day convert a VW Transporter.
- We share a love of books.
- I came close to moving back to Cincinnati where I planned to convert my B.F.A. in contemporary dance education so that I could teach English.
- When our local bookstore went up for sale in West Cork last year I thought seriously about taking on the venture.
- I’ve never considered a mobile bookstore but I think it’s a wonderful idea!
- It’s a happy coincidence that Melanie Moore’s mobile bookstore is located in the city where I was born and raised. The next time I visit my hometown, I will try to track her down.
- I think it’s awesome that the proceeds are going to such a worthy cause (promoting children’s literacy)!
- I love inspirational stories about people reinventing their lives.
- I think we all need a bit of good news, especially right now. Isn’t it inspiring to know that people like Melanie Moore are fulfilling their dreams while also helping others?
- At my house we’ve just completed our first week back to school! (More on that next time). This feels like a real Friday for the first time in many months. I’m looking forward to having some time to relax and read over the weekend. My book pile has expanded, and I can’t wait to dive into a new book over the next few days! I’m already a few chapters into Girl, Woman, Other. I’m also nearly halfway through So You Want to Talk About Race. I seem to flip between books depending on my mood…
What books are you reading this weekend? I hope your September is off to a great start and that you have a lovely weekend! Don’t forget to check out the original post by clicking the link below. ⬇️
I love old Volkswagen vans and I love bookstores and because it’s Friday I also love feel good stories (I also love hardworking local newspaper …Good news Fridays: Area woman drives awesome book bus for the love of it.